Friday, April 15, 2011

Train Day




Last month, my fourteen year old sister and I had Train Day.  I cannot imagine a much better plan than our non-plan plan: 1.) Get on train 2.) Get off when we feel like it 3.) Take pictures 4.) Get surprised.

deep ellum + guerilla commerce relics

We found ourselves in Deep Ellum where we got lots of fun urban decay-type photos.   We got surprised by the monthly outdoor market, about which of us didn't know.  Loved it there. I love that both of my young siblings are arts minded, each in their own ways.


stairs
crooked lines

 "Every object, every being,






is a jar full of delight."


Rumi


eclipse.

Tomorrow, we are headed there again; that is, if her room gets clean. :) 

One of my favorite things about divorce is how much closer I am with my family.  I have found myself needing them, when my history was to need nobody, ever.  Self-sufficiency was surprisingly lonely and surprising un-sufficient.

Namaste,
Faye


No comments:

Post a Comment